Open work permits are granted only in certain situations:

  • You are the spouse of a skilled worker or post-secondary student
  • You are eligible for International Experience Canada: Working holiday, Young Professionals, International Co-op
  • You are a student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit
  • You are a destitute student, meaning a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies
  • You have applied for permanent residence in Canada or are a dependent family member of someone who has applied
  • You are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member

If one of these situations applies to you and you would like more information on processing your open work permit, please contact us.

If none of the above situations apply to you, you are NOT eligible for an open work permit. In that case, you should consider the option of an employer-specific permit. The first step would be to find a job with a Canadian employer. There are many recruitment agencies that can assist you with job placement. Please note that recruiters can NOT charge you a fee for this service.

604-657-5760 | 402-1155 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC

© Copyright 2018 Schlossky Immigration Solutions. All Rights Reserved.