employer specific work permits
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
• Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), if applicable
• Job offer and/or employment contract
• Proof you meet the requirements of the job offered
• Police certiﬁcate, biometrics and medical examination, if applicable
LMIA Work Permit
Most employers will need to obtain a LMIA prior to hiring an international worker. For more information on LMIA processing please. contact us.
Work Permits that do NOT require an LMIA
Under the following speciﬁc situations your employer will not need to obtain an LMIA:
• Workers under international agreemen
• Workers under a pilot project
• Workers nominated by a province for PR with a job offer
• Entrepreneurs and workers transferred within a company