family sponsorship

Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents may be able to sponsor the following family members:

  • Parents
  • Grandparents
  • Spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
  • Dependent child*
  • Grandchildren*
  • Nephew or niece*
  • Sister, brother, half-sister, or half-brother*

*Additional criteria must be met, contact us for an evaluation

What do you need to sponsor a family member?

  • Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident who is 18 years or older
  • Sign an agreement and an undertaking
  • Meet the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)**
  • Meet the requirements to sponsor

**Some exceptions apply

What are the types of spousal relationship?


  • Marriage that can be proved with a valid certificate
  • Marriage must be legal and valid in Canada and where the couple got married

Common-Law Partner

  • The couple must have lived together in a marriage-like relationship for at least 12 months
  • Must be able to prove this with joint finances, leases, contracts, bills, photos, etc.


    Conjugal Partner

    • Examples include frustrated marriages due to immigration barriers or country law
    • The couple has the same commitment as a marriage but a situation beyond their control can not let them to live together

      604-657-5760 | 402-1155 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC

      © Copyright 2018 Schlossky Immigration Solutions. All Rights Reserved.